Covid-19: Complete lockdown announced in Nagpur from March 15 to March 21 | India News


NEW DELHI: The Maharashtra government on Thursday announced a complete lockdown in Nagpur district from March 15 to 21.
However, essential services will remain open during the lockdown, says Nagpur guardian minister Nitin Raut.
Covid-19 cases ballooned in Maharashtra, including Mumbai, on Wednesday, inching closer to the pandemic peak witnessed in the September-October period. Maharashtra reported 13,659 cases, the highest in the 154 days since October 7 (14,578).
There is a nearly 40% increase in the daily detections as compared to Tuesday. The state added 54 fatalities. The total caseload went up to 22,52,057 and the total fatalities rose to 52,610.
The daily positivity rate in the state and city is on the rise. On Wednesday, 14.6% of the 93,219 swabs tested were positive. The percentage of positive swab tests for the city was 7% .
BMC officials said the picture is not as grim as it was last year. The biggest difference between the October and March surges is the toll: while 48 people died due to Covid on October 21, the BMC registered five deaths on Wednesday. The state had reported 355 deaths on October 7.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *